I have two cards that I want to share with you today. I’ve already shared the first one over on my Instagram (@sharonstamped), but I also wanted to give you the breakdown. Oh, side note – “kimbap” is the Korean word for seaweed wrapped rice with other meats and veggies. 😛
These two cards included a lot of trial and error.. gluing, peeling, gluing, drawing, erasing.. 😅 I’m so happy with the results though… especially the second one ☺️👌🏼
• I began my card by die cutting the white panel using Lawn Fawn’s Stitched Journaling Card. Then, I stamped the sentiment and the smiley face on the pre-colored kimbap from Lawn Fawn’s Let’s Roll set.
• I used YG63 as my lightest shade, G85 as my middle shade, and G99 as my darkest shade for the seaweed. I colored the inside using YG03, YR12, and YR68 and added dots of W1 for the rice.
• I then positioned the kimbap and selectively inked up each of the robot’s arms, stamped them, and glued down the kimbap. I then realized that it looked like it was floating. I peeled up the bottom of the image and tucked some ribbon that I got from @mayholicincrafts over on Instagram under it using my ATG gun to create a table. It’s the gingham check vintage beige ribbon from All My Memories.
• Next, I stamped and colored the banner from Lawn Fawn’s Birthday Tags stamp set. I used RV02, Y04, and BG02. Lastly, I popped up the whole panel onto a Spruce 4-bar Lawn Fawn notecard using foam tape! 😀
Now.. on to the more labor intensive but equally cool card 😎
• This card definitely just had a life of its own. I just went along for the ride. 😉 When I originally had the idea to add arms to the sushi, I did it on a scrap piece of paper. I tried to die cut it out with the stitched journaling card, but I couldn’t get it centered correctly which is why I created a whole other one for the first card.
•As I was gluing down the ribbon to ground the image, a 💡 turned on! FEET! 👣I again peeled up the kimbap and stamped the feet. I colored them using YG67 and G99. I added the shadow using C1 and 0 (Colorless Blender).
• I didn’t want to have it go to waste so I trimmed it down, chomped the corners, and adhered it to the front of a Lawn Fawn 4-bar Butternut notecard.
• I originally planned to have it say “Soy happy for you, love” using the Scripty Love die, but realized that I could use “hugs” for happy occasions. I wanted to inlay the word on the inside of the card but didn’t know how I was going to adhere the negative spots from the word on the front of the card. I again went with my “What’s the worst that can happen?” mentality and die cut the word out anyways. I then glued down the word on the inside of the card using my Zig 2 Way Glue ballpoint pen. I sat there trying to figure it all out. Answer? Acetate.✌🏼
I cut a panel out of acetate and adhered it to the inside of the card. I realized that I would have to hide all the adhesive, so I cut out another panel out of white cardstock. I die cut the word “hugs” once more to also add the negative spaces of the word on the inside. I used my ATG gun to adhere the larger parts of the panel and Glossy Accents to adhere the smaller bits.
For the inside of the card, I stamped the “happy” from Lawn Fawn’s Sweater Weather stamp set using Lawn Fawn. It still looked a bit empty, and I wanted something a little cheekier. 😄 I wanted to add a soy sauce bottle with a smiley face behind the word, but I already glued it down using liquid glue so I die cut the word “hugs” out of it and filled in the missing pieces 🙂
WHEW! This is quite a wordy post. Thank you for having stuck it out with me until the end! Overall, I am so happy to have my creativity back, and I will not take a messy craft desk for granted again!
Thanks for stopping by!